NOTE: Capitalised terms in this Privacy Statement have special meanings. Please refer to CONNECT TV’s Subscription Contract Schedule Terms and Conditions for more information.
We may collect personal information
When you apply for and use the Service we are collecting personal information about you (your personal information).
CONNECT TV may also collect personal information about you from a third party, such as from a list rental company for the purpose of telemarketing and direct marketing.
Collection specific to using this website
CONNECT TV also collects information regarding activity on its website, such as the number of visitors to the website, the date and time of those visits, the number of pages viewed and navigation patterns. This information does not personally identify you. It is obtained using 'cookies' which are frequently used by websites to identify users' computers. This information on its own does not identify an individual but it provides CONNECT TV with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our website and the CONNECT TV service. This information is collected by CONNECT TV’s IT department.
How we use your information
If you do not supply the information we request on the Application or when you first contact us over the phone, we may not be able to provide the Service to you. If we do not collect information relating to the purchases you have made through the STU you will not be able to view CONNECT TV.
We will use your personal information:
• to assess your application for the Service;
• to provide and administer the provision of the Service, including billing you and investigating or resolving any disputes relating to the Service provided to you; and
• for planning, research, product development and strategic, financial and other business purposes in relation to our products and services.
How we disclose your information
We will disclose your personal information:
• to Suppliers and Authorised Providers for the purpose of enabling us to provide (and for our Suppliers to verify the provision of) the Equipment and Service to you (including the entity which operates our call centre and mercantile agents who help us to collect overdue payments to enable them to provide those services to us or administer payment arrangements in connection with those services). Our Suppliers and Authorised Providers use and disclose your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies. If you want to know more about who our Suppliers and Authorised Providers are, and what their approach to privacy is, or if you wish to access any personal information held about you by them please contact us;
• to government agencies or individuals appointed by a government (including the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, Australian Communications Association and Australian Communications Industry Forum) responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints concerning your use of the Service to enable the investigation and resolution of a dispute or complaint;
• to our Business Partners who will use and disclose it for the purpose of planning, research, product development and strategic, financial and other business purposes in relation to their products and services. Our Business Partners use and disclose your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies. If you want to know more about who our Business Partners are and what their approach to privacy is, or, if you wish to access any personal information held about you by them please contact us;
• to our Related Companies. If you want to know more about who our Related Companies are and what their approach to privacy is, or, if you wish to access any personal information held about you by them please contact us; or
• where you have otherwise consented.
You acknowledge that in certain circumstances, we may be permitted or required by applicable laws to use or disclose personal information about you.
Unless you ask us not to, we will use your personal information to provide information to you about other goods or services which we or any of our Related Companies may offer to you.
Unless you ask us to tell them not to, our Related Companies, Suppliers, Authorised Providers and our Business Partners will use your personal information to provide information to you about goods and services they offer.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, you may ask us not to by ticking the appropriate box in your Application or by contacting us on 1300 780 530. You can contact us at any time about this even if you have been our customer for some time and you had previously given us your consent.
We will provide you with access to most personal information that we have about you, but sometimes that will not be possible, in which case we will tell you why. If you want to find out what information we have about you contact us on 1300 780 530. We will ask you to put your request for access in writing and provide proof of your identity. You may be charged an administration fee when we provide you with the requested information to cover our time and postage and handling costs.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to correct that information. We will take reasonable steps to correct such personal information unless we disagree with you about whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The Privacy Act allows us to give a credit reporting agency certain personal information about you. The information we disclose to a credit reporting agency includes:
• permitted information which will allow you to be identified,
• the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount,
• the fact that we are a current credit provider to you;
• payments that are more than 60 days overdue and for which debt collection action has started;
• information that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement (that is, acted fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations); and
• cheques drawn by you for over $110.00 or more which have been dishonoured more than once.
If we report your default to a credit reporting agency your credit rating may be affected and you may have difficulty obtaining credit in the future.
You can contact us by writing to us at PO Box 7026, St Kilda, Victoria, 8004 or contacting us on 1300 780 530.